Installation at "This is not a phone box gallery" Canberra 2002 as part of Refugee week.
The installation Lost connections was presented as part of Refugee week in 2002. It was exhibited at this is not a phone box gallery at Gorman House and was presented not long after the In da haus project at the Canberra Contemporary Art Space.
This work is an exploration into migration and the loss of familial identity that occurs in the process of migration. This installation is an autobiographical work that combines elements and objects from various family members that migrated to this country. The photomontage is constructed from old family photos, advertisements from the ship that brought my family here and places of origin in the old country.
byte-time.net a creative cyber snack...
- Placemaps, Canberra Contemporary Art Space 2010
- Estuarine Flows, 24hr Art, Darwin 2009
- Wallmap, BME Festival, Canberra School of Art Gallery 2009
- Memorymap, Dorks Alive, Electrofringe, John Paynter Gallery Newcastle 2009
- Fauxonomy (2008 - current)
- Estuarine Flows (Fauxonomy) 2008
- Swipe - airports, borders, fences Web Biennial 2007 (opens in new window)
- Swipezone Cube37 Glass Studio Frankston Art Centre 2006
- Mediakult 2007 (opens in new window)
- Hercules - the silly cat 2007 (opens in new window)
- TJ's breakfast diaries 2005 (opens in new window)
- Spoil 2003
- Lost connections 2002
- Places like home 2002
- Highway of Shame 2002
- BORDERPANIC online exhibition 2002
- CTHEORY Multimedia issue #3 Wired Ruins 2002
- The Vault 2001
- cowgrrls 2000/01
- sciart'99 Qld Sciencentre 1999
- big banana time inc. 1996-2001
© 1998 - 2012 Tracey M Benson